John Calhoun wrote extensively. Below you will find a selection of his writings spanning his working years. Some were proposals for a program of study and were never published anywhere. Some of the papers are personal, such as bibliographies and resumes.
- 1958 December: Calculation of Home Range and Density of Small Animals 12.1958 Calculation of Home Range and Density of Small Animals
- 1969 May 20: Thoughts following the Conservation Foundation’s Conservations 5.20.1969 Thoughts following the Conservation Foundation’s Conservations
- 1962: A Behavioral Sink 1962 a behavoral sink
- 1962 September: The Study of Velocity 1962 the study of velocity
- 1962: Induced Mass Movements of Small Mammals – A Suggested Program of Study, written while in residence at CASBS 1962 induced mass movements of small mammals
- 1973 Jan: Death Squared: the Explosive Growth and Demise of a Mouse Population https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1644264/
- 1973 Oct: From Mice to Men 1973 from mice to men
- 1977: Looking Backward from ‘The Beautiful Ones’ 1977 looking backward from ‘the beautiful ones’
- 1974 Jan: Environmental Design Research and Monitoring from an Evolutionary Perspective 1973 environmental design research and monitoring from an evolutionary perspective
- 1974 The Universal City of Ideas – the first copy of this talk is the version presented at the conference on “The Exploding Cities, held at Worcester College in Oxford, UK April 1st to 6th, 1974. The second copy, dated May of that year, appears to be Calhoun’s recollection of the talk. The document that was scanned was a copy and the quality was not good.